Like any other email service provider, Hotmail allows its user to send and receive emails for free. It has become the best mode to transfer sensitive data, documents, or communicate anywhere in the world. The email providers like Hotmail or Outlook are a crucial part of today’s hyper-connectivity era.
However, the services can cause troubles if managed poorly. That’s true. The trouble could fluctuate from spreading computer viruses or theft of sensitive data.
But never mind, there is a better way to protect your data online. And that is creating a strong password. The stronger your password is, the more protected your files will be from hackers or viruses. It has been suggested that you should create strong passwords for all your accounts.
Further, if you suspect that somebody is accessing your email account without your approval, you better change your password as early as possible. You can change your password in no time.
So, let’s see how you can change your Hotmail password on different devices. Let’s begin.
How to Change Hotmail Password on Windows
It is worth noting that, when you change the password for your Hotmail account, it will change the password for all of the Windows Live services.
Try these steps and change your password easily.
- Open your favorite web browser and enter the URL https://login.live.com.
- Select your profile picture and click on View Account.
- Click on the “Change” menu option located under the password reset heading.
- Now, enter your old password and type a new password in the respective fields.
- Click on the Save button to replace your old password with the new one.
- Next, you will return to the Windows Live login page.
- Login to your Hotmail account with your new password.
How to Change Hotmail Password on iPhone
It is better to change your Hotmail account password in a month or two, to protect your account from any unauthorized login. Are you using your Hotmail account on your iPhone? If so, then it is easy to change your Hotmail account password without any effort.
Here are the steps that work on your iPhone if you wish to change your password.
- First and foremost, open iPhone settings and tap on the Mail icon.
- You can see the list of email accounts.
- Choose Hotmail account from them.
- Open your Hotmail account.
- Click on the Settings option at the top right corner of your screen and tap on the Mail settings.
- Go through Account details, and click on password and security.
- Tap Change Password, and enter a new password of your choice.
- Hit the save button.
How to Change Hotmail Password on Android
Here is how you can update your Hotmail account password on your Android device.
- Click on the setting option on your Android device.
- Hit the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync icon.
- Next, tap the Settings icon.
- Now, hit your username.
- Click on the Password icon to update your password.
- Enter the new password and then click OK.
Awesome! You’ve changed your password successfully.